Here we go.

11 August 2009

280 Goshen

I've been going back and forth between severe anxiety to extreme confidence and everything in between. Why? Because we made an offer on a house yesterday evening!

A big part of me is sad about the whole ordeal, which is crazy, I realize. I've wanted to buy a home for as long as I can remember, but I guess I've gotten really comfortable with where I am now. Eight years comfortable. I live in an excellent neighborhood, one I'm reluctant to move out of, but am being squeezed out of by rising property value. Park Hill (NLR) is a wonderful neighborhood, my next choice. I love Park Hill. There are old trees everywhere, beautiful homes, and a lake nearby. We'll be neighbors with the Holland-Salleys and the Bakers! I'm just one of those people that doesn't take change very well. Eight years! Also, I worry for SOLO. She's an old lady now and I imagine this move will be hard on her. I only wish she understood that her kingdom has expanded and that it would be the last time she had to move ever.

Then there's the part of me that can't wait to unleash the interior designer within. Ha! I have this manila envelope dubbed 'the folder of dreams'. It is filled with magazine clippings & rip-outs of ideas & inspirations for my future home. I've had it for years! I've made ATM look at it a few times. I'm pretty sure I made KMHD take a gander when she bought her home. Finally, I get to bust it out and make things happen!

I've already planned dinner parties and having guests.

Too soon?

We won't even know if they've accepted our offer until 6:00 this evening, so all this crazy talk may be over nothing.

I feel like we gave a good offer, so I'm confident. And terrified.

All other business has taken a backseat until this is taken care of. In the meantime...




6 comments:

nicole said...

I love Goshen. A friend of mine from high school grew up on that street. Lovely neighborhood. Park Hill and I will be together one day. Good luck. XO.

tre said...

That's a wonderful house that I've admired from afar. And Goshen is a neat little street. Such a variety in architecture. I'm going to be jealous of your backyard.

tre said...

I mean, that house sucks. Especially compared to the cool white Art Deco one around the corner.

nicole said...

There are SO MANY MORE sweet houses out there, begging for your love. Chin up! Carry on!

AMD & KMHD said...

Thx for the support!

We are going to look @ another house this evening. It is in Park Hill (west side!), but this may be the last one we can afford in the area for a minute, so hopefully it works out!

I'll try to be a little more real and know that this won't be easy.

The good thing about the Goshen house not working is that I would've had an attorney neighbor. No thx!

tre said...

West side! That's our side!

I've only had one offer turned down on a house. In 2001, I tried to buy a neat place on Coolwind, just off Cantrell Road by Cajun's.

I would've likely been squashed on my bicycle somewhere out there, so it was probably for the best.

Blog Archive